For kids and the family
- Biodiversity Race 2010 a fun way to find out about our wildlife!
- Paint along with Pui San art and nature appreciation at Sungei Buloh
- Beach Critters: I want my Lunch!!
- Fun with Maths & Plants!
- Young Mathematician of the Garden
Planning for the June school holidays? Publicised events for all of June have been uploaded on the blog! Here's some highlights. Or see the full list and register early for your favourite activities!
Special Ubin event!
- 27 May - 2 Jun: Traditional Wayang at Pulau Ubin
Walks in wild places
- Mangrove walk at Sungei Buloh on Saturday and Sunday.
- Heritage and nature guided walk at Fort Canning Park.
- HortPark Butterfly Garden guided tour.
For Nature Society (Singapore) members only
- 25 May (Tue): "Plant Blindness - What Research Says"
New competition! BiodiverCity 'Voters' Choice' competition. Vote for your favourite nature photo and win iPod and other prizes. More details on Celebrating Singapore's BioDiversity!
Registration now open
- 27 Jun (Sun): Dive Pulau Hantu with the Hantu Bloggers
- 20 Jun (Sun): Fabulous Frogs & Terrific Toads! a night workshop for kids
- 19 Jun Sat and 20 Jun (Sun): Bugs & Slugs! What's Wild at HortPark?
- 19 Jun (Sat): Bats are beautiful! a night workshop for kids
- 12 Jun (Sat) and 26 Jun (Sat): Young Naturalist Passport Camp at Sungei Buloh
- 12 Jun (Sat): Getting To Know Our Dipterocarps with Cicada Tree Eco Place
Other on-going events and announcements
- Video competition - "Love Green: Just Bin it" closing date 27 Jun.
- BiodiverCity Voters' Choice competition closing date 20 Jun.
- From 1 Jun: Free entry to National Heritage Board Museums
Highlights of Singapore nature news
- Face up to the green fact Straits Times Forum 24 May 10;
- Singapore marks International Day for Biological Diversity Satish Cheney Channel NewsAsia 22 May 10;
- Why researchers included Singapore in green study Straits Times Forum 21 May 10;
- More people releasing animals into wild Released creatures often die or disrupt ecological system here: NParks, Grace Chua Straits Times 21 May 10;
- NParks launches Nature Keeper Programme Mustafa Shafawi Channel NewsAsia 20 May 10;
- Bridge across BKE to link nature reserves Besides humans, it will allow animals, plants to cross the expressway, Grace Chua StraitS Times 19 May 10;
- Green study disregards Singapore's circumstances Straits Times Forum 19 May 10;
Highlights of Singapore nature blogs
- International Biodiversity Day! from Psychedelic Nature.
- World Biodiversity Day at Chek Jawa with the Naked Hermit Crabs from wild shores of singapore.
- Life History of the Short Banded Sailor from Butterflies of Singapore.
- A Word on the Monkeys from Crystal and Bryan in Singapore.
- Nature in Singapore: Frogs, fig snails, aliens and rediscovery of plants from Celebrating Singapore's BioDiversity!
Photo of the week was taken by Dr Chua Ee Kiam. It shows Minister Mah Bow Tan discussing a photo of Cyrene Reef during the launch of the BiodiverCity exhibition. Visit the exhibition to see more of Singapore's amazing wildlife and wild places!