- Bats are Beautiful! with Cicada Tree Eco Place
- The Art of Paper Folding at Sungei Buloh
- PrawnWatch at Sungei Buloh: hands-on experience of traditional prawn farming.
The school holidays are coming! Here's some highlights of biodiversity events for kids and the family, on the Celebrating Singapore's Biodiversity blog. More events especially for kids and the family during the school holidays.
Walks in wild places
- Guided walk at the Sensory Trail, Pulau Ubin
- Mangrove walk at Sungei Buloh on Saturday; and Sunday with free mandarin guided walk.
- Rainforest walk at the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve
- Fort Canning Spice Trail guided walk
Talks this week
- 19 Nov (Sat): "Singapore's Coral Reefs" by Jeffrey Low with children's colouring session after the talk
New places to visit
- Gardens by the Bay open to public next week AsiaOne 12 Nov 11;
- Kranji Heritage Trail launched Get in touch with nature and history with 14 agricultural, historical landmarks Amelia Tan Straits Times 10 Nov 11;
- Healing Garden's toxic plant section to open for guided tours Olivia Siong Channel NewsAsia 7 Nov 11;
For Nature Society (Singapore) members only
- Birdwatching at Rifle Range