For kids and the family
- MAD Lesson on Critters' Cribs with Cicada Tree Eco Place
Walks in wild places
For Nature Society (Singapore) members only
- Really Really Free Market
- Green Drinks
- 19-31 Jan: Singapore mosses and sponges exihibition at the Science Centre Singapore.
Registration now open
- 28 Feb (Sun): Dive Pulau Hantu with the Hantu Bloggers.
- 7 Feb (Sat), 9 Feb (Tue), 27 Feb (Sat): MAD lesson on tigers with Cicada Tree Eco Place
- 6 Feb (Sat): Kampong Ubin walk with Cicada Tree Eco Place
- 5 Feb (Fri): Life between the tides - a workshop for nature guides by the Leafmonkey Workshop
Singapore news highlights
from wildsingapore news
- URA launches public consultation exercise for Concept Plan 2011 Joanne Chan, Channel NewsAsia 23 Jan 10;
- $10m gift for natural history museum Offer from unnamed donor boosts NUS bid to set up gallery for vast collection Tan Dawn Wei, Straits Times 24 Jan 10;
- Chase butterflies in Orchard Road Nature lovers plan urban butterfly trail that's billed as the first of its kind in the world Tracy Quek, Straits Times 24 Jan 10;
- Jurong residents turn vacant plot into garden Jamie Ee Wen Wei, Straits Times 24 Jan 10;
- New startup introduces environmentally-friendly postal service Rachel Kelly, Channel NewsAsia 20 Jan 10;
- Marsiling trees: Some felled, others spared Esther Ng, Today Online 20 Jan 10;
- Home's no place for wildlife in Singapore Law penalises those who keep wildlife as pets; AVA assesses them case by case Ang Yiying, Straits Times 20 Jan 10;
- Internet allowing illegal wildlife trade: activist Yahoo News 17 Jan 10;
- Looking for long-term volunteers Helping out regularly in an area which interests you does far more good Grace Chua, Straits Times 18 Jan 10;
- Felled a forest tree cut down from Flying Fish Friends
- The Cruelty of Man a python beaten to death from Life's Indulgences
- A morning of action at SBWR a crodocile on the hunt! from The Simplicities in Life
- An Aussie Skipperoo Comes to Town intriguing info about a little butterfly from Butterflies of Singapore
- A species a day! from Celebrating Singapore's BioDiversity!
- Wildfacts updates: January sightings - special snails galore! from wild shores of singapore
- Update on the mass fish deaths at Pasir Ris and Pulau Ubin from wild shores of singapore
Photo of the week is this special snail on a vast lost shore at Changi shared by Marcus on his The Annotated Budak blog. We can still be surprised with truly wild places in Singapore.