It's a long weekend and there's lots to see and do!
Special events on 15 Feb (Mon)
- The Battle of Pasir Panjang Commemorative Walk
- Istana Open House
- Revisiting History, Embracing Nature at Fort Canning Park
For kids and the family
- 9 Feb (Tue): MAD lesson on tigers with Cicada Tree Eco Place
Walks in wild places
- NEW! Guided forest walk at Bukit Batok Nature Park.
- Forest walk at the Botanic Gardens Rainforest Trail.
- Mangrove walk at Sungei Buloh on Saturday and Sunday.
Go wild on your own!
Why not explore our wild places free-and-easy? Great destinations include Pulau Ubin and a wide range of seashores, mangroves and forest destinations. Lots of info for visitors on wildsingapore with tips on how to prepare for a trip, how to get there and what to see and do.
A tip for a long-weekend trip
Our wild places and parks can get VERY crowded on long weekends. The best way to avoid the crowds is to arrive early in the morning and leave early. Our wildlife is generally more active in the morning too!
Registration now open!
- 21 Mar (Sun): Night workshop for kids - Fabulous Frogs & Terrific Toads! with Cicada Tree Eco Place.
- 20 Mar (Sat): Night Workshop for kids - Bats are Beautiful! with Cicada Tree Eco Place.
- 15 Mar (Mon): Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve for kids with Cicada Tree Eco Place
- closes 14 Mar: Singapore BioDiverCity a photo competition by NParks to showcase our wildlife
- 28 Feb (Sun): Dive Pulau Hantu with the Hantu Bloggers.
- 15 Feb (Mon): The Battle of Pasir Panjang Commemorative Walk
- 9 Feb (Tue), 27 Feb (Sat): MAD lesson on tigers with Cicada Tree Eco Place
from wildsingapore news
- Wild boars hog the limelight in Thomson neighbourhood Kimberly Spykerman, Straits Times 8 Feb 10;
- Singing praises of Singapore: nature makes for Uniquely Singapore Bob Roberts Mirror 6 Feb 10;
- Shark's fin issue a matter of moral suasion, says MP Goh Chin Lian, Straits Times 7 Feb 10;
- 18 dolphins from Solomon Islands destined for Singapore are stranded in Subic Tonette Orejas, Philippine Daily Inquirer 5 Feb 10;
- New-era industrial park at Lorong Halus Straits Times 5 Feb 10;
- Illegal imports in Singapore at record high Food, animals, plants see biggest increase, Carolyn Quek, Straits Times 5 Feb 10;
- Tuas Power to start building coal-fired station soon Ronnie Lim, Business Times 3 Feb 10;
- ‘Don’t exploit tigers’: Singapore and Malaysian animal welfare groups Hilary Chiew, The Star 2 Feb 10;
- Riau wants Malaysia, Singapore to face up to oil spills Fadli, The Jakarta Post 2 Feb 10;
- Exposing children to beauty of beaches, can help them appreciate nature from The Lazy Lizard's Tales
- Sitting Pretty: Colour morphology and hunting success in orb web spiders from Celebrating Singapore's BioDiversity!
- Butterfly of the Month - Celebrating the Year of the Tiger from Butterflies of Singapore
- Going, going, gone - the end of Ngee Ann Stream (almost) from Water Quality in Singapore
- Blog Log: 31 January 2010 from Pulau Hantu
- Seahorse search at sunset from wild shores of singapore
- Is acidity a problem in streams of Bukit Timah Nature Reserve (BTNR)? from Water Quality in Singapore
- 2 Feb is World Wetlands Day from wild shores of singapore
Photo of the week is this gorgeous 'furry' legged Carpenter bee shared by John Lee, a self-taught young entomologist specialising in bees and wasps. Read all about John and his work in Singapore and Hong Kong, in Part 1 and Part 2 interviews by Marcus Ng. And all about Singapore's bees, on the Celebrating Singapore's Biodiversity blog.