For kids and the family
- "Stories about nature" - drama workshop for kids
- "Nature & me" - drama workshop for kids
- Free Chek Jawa Boardwalk tour with the Naked Hermit Crabs
- Paint along with Pui San at Sungei Buloh
Walks in wild places
- HortPark Butterfly Garden Guided Tour
- Mangrove walk at Sungei Buloh on Saturday and Sunday.
- Heritage and Nature guided walk at Fort Canning Park
- Evolution Garden tour
Go wild on your own!
Why not explore our wild places free-and-easy? Great destinations include Pulau Ubin and a wide range of seashores, mangroves and forest destinations. Lots of info for visitors is available on wildsingapore with tips on how to prepare for a trip, how to get there and what to see and do.
Singapore news highlights
- Left high and dry by waterway rules Victoria Vaughan, Straits Times 21 Dec 09;
- Singapore's cycling town Shuli Sudderuddin, Straits Times 20 Dec 09;
- The bad bag habit Straits Times 20 Dec 09;
- Opening up opportunities to volunteer in Singapore Wong Kim Hoh, Straits Times 16 Dec 09;
- Charged parking at MacRitchie allows more to enjoy amenities Straits Times Forum 16 Dec 09;
- Oriental Pied Hornbill in Toa Payoh! from Glorious Birds
- Upclose and intricate on Hantu’s reef from Pulau Hantu
- Tanah Merah: brightly led from wonderful creations
- A hustle of hermits from wild shores of singapore
Photo of the week is this superb Saron shrimp shared by Marcus on his Annotated Budak blog. Read more about our shrimps and prawns. They're not just for eating!